On Thursday 11th February 2020 at 6pm, Withers Progress Association Incorporation (WPA Inc.) held our general meeting at the Withers Community Heart Centre (WCHC).
We had returning guest speaker Andrew McRobert – Project Manager from Bunbury Development Committee to give us some exciting updates on the Central Withers Structure Plan (CWSP). For more information about the Central Withers Structure Plan documentation can be viewed in the link below on the Structure Plans and Activity Centre Plans page. http://www.bunbury.wa.gov.au/Pages/Structure-Plans.aspx
After guest speaker we had a general meeting on local issues which proved to be very productive and informative.
We also displayed items that we have purchased from successful community grants applications. We would like to sincerely thank Aqwest, Lotterywest and VolunteeringWA for their generous support of our upcoming projects.
Some of the topics and events that were covered in the general meeting are as follows:
- Developments and updates in the Central Withers Structure Plan.
- Des Ugle Park 2021 committee – Volunteers to help with planning and organising of the 25th anniversary of the Des Ugle Park opening ceremony.
- Expression of interest from social groups wishing to use the new premises.
- Vacant position available for treasurer.
- New members joining the group.
- Busy Bee arrangements for the coming long weekend.
If you have concerns or issues you may want to discuss in person, our details are available on facebook and website. All welcome
We will be following Covid-19 recommended safety and health practices at the Withers Community Heart Centre (WCHC).