On Thursday 10th September 2020 at 6pm, Withers Progress Association Incorporation (WPA Inc.) held their AGM at their new building located at 1 Wilkerson Way Withers.
The re-election of Executive Committee members for a further two year tenure was conducted as well as brief overview of events throughout this year. Our thanks to Luke for generously offering to stand in as temporary treasurer until the position can be filled.
After the AGM we had a general discussion on local issues which proved to be very productive and informative.
The centre will now be known as the Withers Community Heart Centre (WCHC).
Some of the topics and events that were covered in the AGM are as follows:
Opening and preparations of the new Withers Community Heart Centre (WCHC) and future events
- Finances and stock take
- Re-opening of the Bitz n Pieces craft group
- Toilet block opening at the Des Ugle Park
- Expression of interest from social groups wishing to use the new premises
- Covid-19 safety practises and its effect on future fundraising events
- Next Bunnings sausage sizzle
- Vacant position available for treasurer
- Central Withers Structure Plan
- Cancellation of the Des Ugle Christmas Fair this year because of the uncertain situation of Covid-19
- New members joining the group
We acknowledge the ongoing support, maintenance and assistance for our group from Luke and Greg. We thank the members and others who have helped and supported us preparing our new building.
Our appreciation to organisations and businesses that have supported us with our events and fundraisers over the years.
This has been a difficult year with Covid-19 and we are disappointed in having to cancel the Des Ugle Park Christmas Fair in November because of the uncertainty of the virus. It was a regrettable decision to have to make, however preparations are now moving ahead for November 2021’s celebration of the park’s 25th anniversary.