On Thursday 11th March 2021 at 6pm, Withers Progress Association Incorporation (WPA Inc.) held our general meeting at the Withers Community Heart Centre (WCHC).
We had guest speaker Semara Murphy- Program Manager from Investing in Our Youth Inc discussing the End to End Young Driver Training and RYDE program.
Investing in Our Youth is a Not-For-Profit, community based organisation that promotes the healthy development of children and young people in the South West region of Western Australia.
The End to End Young Driver Training program is designed to support 16-25 year olds in their journey to achieving their full license, from end to end. This program is to help youth who are experiencing barriers to achieving their license.
Regional Youth Driver Education Program (RYDE) provides young people the opportunity to complete their 50 hours of supervised driving experience with one of our volunteer ‘Driving Mentors’.
For more information on Investing in Our Youth click on the link below or check out and give a like on their facebook page.
After guest speaker we had a general meeting on local issues which proved to be very productive and informative.
Some of the topics and events that were covered in the general meeting are as follows:
- Busy Bee weekend – a big thank you to everyone that helped out.
- Upgrades to the dog park – CCTV cameras, signage, reporting issues and upgrades.
- Special resolution vote – Charity application status.
- Developments and updates in the Central Withers Structure Plan.
- Des Ugle Park 2021 committee – Volunteers to help with planning and organising of the 25th anniversary of the Des Ugle Park opening ceremony.
- Expression of interest from social groups wishing to use the new Withers Community Heart Centre (WCHC) premises.
- Vacant position available for treasurer.
- New members joining the group.
If you have concerns or issues you may want to discuss in person, our details are available on facebook and website. All welcome to attend. We will be following Covid-19 recommended safety and health practices at the Withers Community Heart Centre (WCHC).